Dear brothers & sisters in the Dhamma,
Do you know how to train the mind?
Do you know what it is you are in for in the 5th GLOBAL Conference on Buddhism?
This global conference, the 5th in a series that began in 2000, is a unique opportunity for you to explore the different perspectives of mind-training in order to transform your mind towards achieving lasting happiness. It is structured to provide the raw materials for debate, thought and insight.
The extraordinary faculty of international speakers, both lay and monastic, will guide you along this process of training, developing and eventually transforming your mind with the ultimate goal of finding true happiness in your everday lives.
And it is happening right HERE in MALAYSIA
in Sunway Convention Centre, PJ
on 17-18 November 2007!
Saturday - Nov 17, 2007
Session I :: Know Your Mind - How to Unravel it? [Moderator: Ms Low Mi Yen]
- Potentialities of Developed Mind ~ Ven. Aggacitta
- Calming the Mind-Lessons from Chinese Chan ~ Ven. Dr. Heng Sure
- Taming the Monkey Mind-Lessons from Tibetan Lojong ~ Dr. Thupten Jinpa
Session II :: The Destructive Mind - How to Transform it? [Moderator: Dr. Chan Kah Yein]
- Bringing Peace to Criminals in Prisons ~ Ven. Robina Curtin
- Helping Abused Children Find Happiness ~ Roshi Dr. Jan Chozen Bays
Session III :: The Healing Mind - How to Sustain it? [Moderator: Dr. Goh Pik Pin]
- Transforming Difficult Relationships ~ Dr. Tan Eng Kong
- Living Life with a Purpose ~ Ajahn Brahmavamso
Sunday - Nov 18, 2007
Special Talk :: Following the Buddha's Footsteps - Bringing Happiness to Others ~ Ven. Ming Yi [Moderator: Datuk Dr. Victor Wee]
Session IV :: The Illuminated Mind at Wrok [Moderator: Dr. Lim Tuck Meng]
- Managing Stress at Work ~ Dr. Danai Chanchaochai
- Mindfulness - The Secret to Success at the Workplace ~ Ajahn Brahmavamso
Session V :: Forum - Preparin the Mind for Death [Moderator: Mr. Ang Choo Hong]
- The Theravada Approach ~ Ven. Aggacitta
- The Chinese Mahayana Approach ~ Ve. Dr. Heng Sure
- The Tibetan Approach ~ Dr. Thupten Jinpa
- The Zen Approach ~ Roshi Dr. Jan Chozen Bays
Hurry up & REGISTER NOW!
Download Form here!
For students or undergraduates who are interested to join,
please contact sis. Mei Joon [hp: 012-3517615] for special student-price offer! *hint - negotiable*
BGF YBAM BMSM